Saturday, July 16, 2011

Local Walgreens NOT Coupon Friendly

I use to LOVE Walgreens but lately, not so much. Don't get me wrong you can get some great deals there  but they are not very friendly to us couponistas.  She is sad.......

I try to be very organized when I go into any store when I will be using coupons but I am new at this couponing thing and I do make mistakes sometimes and grab the wrong item. I am sorry they have to void the whole transation and cannot just void one item. Last week my mom and I went into Walgreens and the girl in cosmetics was very nice, we were laughing and joking the whole time we were shopping and she was helping us find stuff. I told her we had some coupons and could she ring us up at the cosmetics counter so she did.
Every time I try to use my RR it won't take them either because I have too many coupons or I am buying something from the company that gave the RR. I always thought they were like Walgreens dollars but they are not, they are manufacturer coupons and I was told you cannot use them on any products that are from the manufacture (example if P&G gives out the coupon then you cannot use it on any P&G items). That sounds really weird to me I would think they would want you to use it on more of their products, may be just not the one that got you the RR in the first place. Anyway to make a long story short. The nice cashier turned really pissy when I asked questions about the RR and why it would not take them. Not all the cashiers are rude and un friendly but most of them and even the Manager at my local Walgreens.  This week I went to get the body wash and a few other things and he was not very nice. When I bought the Dove body wash, I had 2 BOGO coupons so the body wash was 4 for $15. They rung up 3@$4.49 and 1@1.53 So I thought I would get a credit of 3.75 ea if they are 4 for $15, the cashier asked the manager and he told her to take $4.49 & $1.53 off I asked him about it and he gave a non response. OK Mr Manager, sorry for asking a question a consumer shopping in your store has every right to ask. Also, who knew the Walgreens coupon books are not Walgreens coupons at all but more manufacturer coupons?  As a mom trying to save a buck or two for my family, I kind of got a bad vibe on this visit and I will not be frequenting Walgreens on a regular basis, especially that one. A very sad couponista :(

On a positive note:


I do have to give props to my favorite store CVS and their Extra Care Bucks. Let me tell you those girls bend over backwards to help you and are so patient with us new couponistas.



No comments:

Post a Comment